December 18, 2018

Can I learn to fly with Learn To Fly Melbourne if I am from overseas?

Yes – in fact, most of our students are international. You will need to be able to obtain a visa for entry into Australia, and you will also need to satisfy the relevant course regulatory requirements (which can include English proficiency, medical check, age, and aviation security check). For the Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL), Private Pilot Licence (PPL) and other programs which can be completed in under 3 months, students may be able to learn whilst on a tourist visa.

For the Commercial Pilot Licence (which takes approximately 12 months), students will most likely require a student visa. We are able to put students in contact with a registered migration agent to assist with requirements and the application process. The best source for specific visa requirements is but please contact us if you require further information.